Tuesday, March 4, 2014

No Cocktail Dress















So I take the dress from my closet and begin to create an outfit. I pull out these shoes. The color matches my dress and they are both dressy enough and comfortable enough to wear to a wedding. The shoes at a wedding are very important. They need to look so cute that they appear to be uncomfortable, but actually are very comfortable. That’s the perfect shoe. With black panty hose, the dress and the shoes work. But alas it is sleeveless so I add my Alice Abrams lace shirt that is also one of a kind. I got this from the designer when I was in Prague.  “Hi Alice. Thanks! “. Look at how it picks up the color of the dress and how beautiful the lace looks on the back where the neck Vees.
If you look carefully you will see that the dress has red threads coming down from the seams. It is part of the dress. Rather than cut off the thread when done with the seams  the designer continued weaving the thread and let it hang from the hem. If you look somewhere else on the outfit you will see something red. It’s wooden, vintage and simple. Just a hint and a surprise to tie it all together.
I did add some bling. The gold necklace is from Venice Italy. My husband bought it for me when we were dating. The earrings are Judith Ripka, another gift from my husband. Someday I’ll tell you about the earrings and you’ll understand one of the reasons why my husband loves me so much. I add a simple dress purse that I bought in second hand shop years ago. I think this is it.
 Then the blue dress arrives.

Doctor Lynn



No comments:

Post a Comment